Website page of Ajou Graduate School : grad-e.ajou.ac.kr
1. Online Application Procedure(인터넷 원서 접수 절차)
1) Going through counsel with a desired academic advisor or a head professor of the department the applicant wishes to major in by e-mailing before applying
2) On-Line application(grad-e.ajou.ac.kr)
3) Submitting the required documents for application specified in the said list to the Graduate School Office before the deadline.
a) Submission Method : In person or by post
- Applications sent by post must be received before the deadline
1st sessioin: by Nov 11th(Mon), 2019
2nd session: by Dec 20th(Fri), 2019
(16499 Office of Ajou Graduate School, No.305, Yulgok Hall 3rd Floor, 206 World cup-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea)
2. Eligibility Requirements(자격조건)
For foreigners with Foreign parents or those who completed an entire curriculum of 16 years or more in a foreign country equivalent to elementary, junior and high school as well as a university in Korea, those possessing linguistic (Korean or English) proficiency at a certain level will be able to attend lectures of the relevant department.
A. Language Ability Requirement : For more details, Please check the attached file.
B. Master's Programs
: Those graduated or expect to graduate from a 4-year college(university) in Korea or abroad
C. Doctoral Programs
: Those who obtained or expect to obtain a master's degree from a graduate school in Korea or abroad
D. Master's / Doctoral Integrated Programs :
: Those who graduated or expect to graduate from a 4-year college(university) in Korea or abroad
3. Application Schedule(모집일정)
- Please refer to the attached file
Online application & Submission of Documents(입학원서 작성 및 서류제출)
1st: Oct. 16th(Wed) ~ Nov. 8th (Fri), Document submission deadline: Nov. 11.(Mon)
2nd: Dec.9th(Mon) ~ Dec. 19th(Thu), Document submission deadline: Dec. 20.(Fri)
Dossier Evaluation & Interview(서류 및 면접 평가)
1st: Nov. 18th(Mon) ~ Nov. 22nd(Fri)
2nd: Dec. 30th(Mon) ~ Jan. 8th(Wed)
Announcement of Successful Candidates(최종합격자 발표)
1st: Dec.10th(Tue), 2019
2nd: Jan 21st(Tue), 2020
Registration(Payment of admission fee and tuition fee)
(등록금 납부(수업료 및 입학금))
*only available after arrival
1st: Jan 15th~17th, 2020
2nd: Jan 29th~31st, 2020
*Postponement for foreign residents at the time of payment period is available.
4. Required Documents(제출서류)
1) Application Form for Admission (Download Available at http://grad-e.ajou.ac.kr)
- A written pledge of guarantee for overseas study expenses by a financial supporter
(It may be replaced with an application form for admission and the signature of a guarantor is necessary)
-Every applicants have to register on-line application through the web-site also.
-Detailed information will be noticed in the application period.(http://grad-e.ajou.ac.kr)
2) Color Photo(3.5cm*4.5cm)
3) Official Transcript
(Applicants to Master's Programs : Undergraduate transcripts / Applicants to Doctoral Programs : Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts)
* Transcripts must contain credits and obtained scores(marks) of each subject, C.G.P.A(Cumulative Grade Point Average, 4.0/4.3/4.5)) or percentage of applicant’s total grade about the whole program.
4) Original diploma
(Applicants to Master's Programs : Undergraduate diploma / Applicants to Doctoral Programs : Undergraduate and Graduate diplomas)
5) Study Plan (Download Available at http://grad-e.ajou.ac.kr)
6) Confirmation letter of Pre-contacting with a professor for admission
- Professor who applicants pre-contacted for admission will prepare and submit it to Graduate School Office
- Applicants for Department of AI ∙ Data Science, Biological Science, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Sciences, Business Administration(Finance major only), Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Energy System Research, Industrial Engineering, Life Media, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Sciences, Military Digital Convergence, Molecular Science and Technology, Pharmacy, System Engineering
7) Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation from the academic advisor(or Chief of department or Dean of college) of the University graduated. (All applicants, Mandatory)
8) Financial Certifications
① A Financial guarantor’ bank statement(from the applicant’s own country or a resident of Korea with a record of continuous deposits for 1 month or more)worth US$20,000
* This deposit must be in the applicant’s or parents’ or spouse’ name(If the financial guarantor is parents or a spouse, the relevant part in an application form should be signed by them.).
② Applicants who get Scholarship from government or other institutions except Ajou University : Certification of a scholarship payment for tuition and living expense.
③ If the financial guarantor is a faculty member of the Ajou University, there is no document that the applicants have to submit
(If the applicant is successful, the department will prepare(issue) some documents for the applicants to use them when he or she apply for visa.)
9) Photocopy of passport
- Photocopy of applicant’s passport
- Photocopies of Parents’ passport
10) Photocopy of Alien Registration card : confined to Foreign residents in Korea
11) Linguistic(English or Korean) proficiency rating report card- TOPIK or TOEFL,IELTS, CEFR, TEPS
12) Certificate for foreign nationality
a) Foreigners with Foreign Parents
- Each parent’s certificate of foreign nationality (certificate of naturalization or passport)
- Photocopy of Certificate of Family registration or Birth Certificate of applicant
b) Overseas Koreans and foreigners who completed an entire curriculum for a period of 16 years or more in foreign countries
- Diplomas from elementary, junior high and high schools and official transcripts of all grades
* Not applicable to foreigners with foreign parents
13) Certificate of completion of 4 semesters’ Korean Language Study
(Only for the applicants who completed 4 semesters of Korean Language study in Language Institute of Ajou University)
14) Additional documents to the applicants graduated from overseas university
a) Chinese Students
: English degree certification issued by China Academic degree & Graduate Education Development Center (http://www.cdgdc.edu.cn) which is necessary for applying to the relevant degree programs or diploma accredited by Korean embassy in China/Chinese Embassy in Korea.
b) Foreigners, except Chinese,
: must submit the transcript/diplomas accredited by Apostille or approved by the Korean Embassy
5. Application Fee(전형료)
6. Scholarship (장학제도)
: For more details about scholarship, Please check the attached file.(To be updated soon)
* Ajou Global Scholarship do not waiver admission fee.
7. Notice(주의 사항)
1) All documents necessary for application for admission must be submitted with the original and documents in Korean or in languages other than English must be submitted after being notarized in Korea and being translated into English.
2) Admission will be denied when the information on the required documents is proven to be false or other facts concerning admission though dishonest methods are revealed.
3) All application materials submitted will not be returned.
4) If the submitted application materials are inadequate or insufficient, your application will be classified as “Disqualified” and review by your department will not be conducted.
5) When foreigners enter and stay in Korea for more than 90 days for the purpose of study, they must get their alien registration card at a district immigration bureau within 90 days after entry.
6) Various matters after admission should be complied with the regulations and by laws of the said university’s graduate school.
- Office of Graduate School (+82-31-219-2302, 2304 firstname.lastname@example.org)