Application for university
Select University and Major Study
Fill in an Admission Application
Upload Additional Documents
STEP2-1. Notes for applicants( AJOU UNIVERSITY )
Admission of Foreign Students for Fall semester, 2019 (Master's) 2nd session
Website page of Ajou Graduate School : grad-e.ajou.ac.kr
1. Online Application Procedure(인터넷 원서 접수 절차)
1) Going through counsel with a desired academic advisor or a head professor of the department the applicant wishes to major in by e-mailing before applying
2) On-Line application(grad-e.ajou.ac.kr)
3) Submitting the required documents for application specified in the said list to the Graduate School Office before the deadline.
a) Submission Method : In person or by post
- Applications sent by post must be received before the deadline (2nd: June 25th(Tue), 2019)
(P.O BOx: 16499, Office of Ajou Graduate School, No.305, Yulgok Hall 3rd Floor, 206 World cup-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea)
2. Eligibility Requirements(자격조건)
For foreigners with Foreign parents or those who completed an entire curriculum of 16 years or more in a foreign country equivalent to elementary, junior and high school as well as a university in Korea, those possessing linguistic (Korean or English) proficiency at a certain level will be able to attend lectures of the relevant department.
A. Language Ability Requirement : For more details, Please check the attached file.
B. Master's Programs
: Those graduated or expect to graduate from a 4-year college(university) in Korea or abroad
C. Doctoral Programs
: Those who obtained or expect to obtain a master's degree from a graduate school in Korea or abroad
D. Master's / Doctoral Integrated Programs :
: Those who graduated or expect to graduate from a 4-year college(university) in Korea or abroad
3. Application Schedule(모집일정)
- Please refer to the attached file
Online application & Submission of Documents(입학원서 작성 및 서류제출)
June. 11th(Tue) ~ June. 24th(Mon) (Deadline for submission : June. 25th(Tue), 2019)
Dossier Evaluation & Interview(서류 및 면접 평가)
July. 1st(Mon) ~ July. 5th(Fri), 2019
Announcement of Successful Candidates(최종합격자 발표)
July. 22nd(Mon), 2019
Registration(Payment of admission fee and tuition fee)(등록금 납부(수업료 및 입학금))
July. 31st(Wed) ~ August. 2nd(Fri), 2019
4. Required Documents(제출서류)
1) A printed application form for admission
- A written signature of a guarantor is necessary on the application form
-Every applicants have to register on-line application through the web-site 'Study in Korea'
-Detailed information will be noticed in the application period.(http://grad-e.ajou.ac.kr)
2) Color Photo(3.5cm*4.5cm)
3) Original copy of official transcript
(Applicants to Master's Programs : Undergraduate transcripts / Applicants to Doctoral Programs : Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts)
* Transcripts must contain credits and obtained scores(marks) of each subject, C.G.P.A(Cumulative Grade Point Average, 4.0/4.3/4.5)) or percentage of applicant’s total grade about the whole program.
4) Original diploma
(Applicants to Master's Programs : Undergraduate diploma / Applicants to Doctoral Programs : Undergraduate and Graduate diplomas)
-If unable to provide original diploma, you can choose from below.
1.English degree certification issued by China Academic Degree & Graduate Education Development Center(http://www.cdgde.edu.cn)
2.Diploma approved by the Korean Embassy in China
3.Diploma approved by the Chinese Embassy in Korea
B.International students except chinese
1.Diploma accredited by Apostille
2.Diploma approved by the Korean Embassy in applicant's country
3.Diploma approved by the applicant's Embassy in Korea
5) Study Plan (Download Available at http://grad-e.ajou.ac.kr)
6) Confirmation letter of Pre-contacting with a professor for admission
-Only mandatory for the applicants for Departments of Biological Science, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Sciences, Business Administration, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Energy System Research, Industrial Engineering, Knowledge Information Engineering, Life Media, Material Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Sciences, Molecular Science and Technology NCW, Pharmacy, System Engineering, Systems Biomedical Informatics
7) Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation from the academic advisor(or Chief of department or Dean of college) of the University applicants graduated. (All applicants, Mandatory)
8) Financial Certifications
① A Financial guarantor’ bank statement(from the applicant’s own country or a resident of Korea with a record of continuous deposits for 1 month or more)worth US$20,000
* This deposit must be in the applicant’s or parents’ or spouse’ name(If the financial guarantor is parents or a spouse, the relevant part in an application form should be signed by them.).
② Applicants who get Scholarship from government or other institutions except Ajou University : Certification of a scholarship payment for tuition and living expense.
③ If the financial guarantor is a faculty member of the Ajou University, there is no document that the applicants have to submit
(If the applicant is successful, the department will prepare(issue) some documents for the applicants to use them when he or she apply for visa.)
9) Photocopy of passport
- Photocopy of applicant’s passport
- Photocopies of Parents’ passport
10) Photocopy of Alien Registration card : confined to Foreign residents in Korea
11) Linguistic(English or Korean) proficiency rating report card- TOPIK or TOEFL,IELTS, CEFR, TEPS
12) Certificate for foreign nationality
a) Foreigners with Foreign Parents
- Each parent’s certificate of foreign nationality (certificate of naturalization or passport)
- Photocopy of Certificate of Family registration or Birth Certificate of applicant
b) Overseas Koreans and foreigners who completed an entire curriculum for a period of 16 years or more in foreign countries
- Diplomas from elementary, junior high and high schools and official transcripts of all grades
* Not applicable to foreigners with foreign parents
13) Certificate of completion of 4 semesters’ Korean Language Study
(Only for the applicants who completed 4 semesters of Korean Language study in Language Institute of Ajou University)
14) Additional documents to the applicants graduated from overseas university
a) Chinese Students
: English degree certification issued by China Academic degree & Graduate Education Development Center (http://www.cdgdc.edu.cn) which is necessary for applying to the relevant degree programs or diploma accredited by Korean embassy in China/Chinese Embassy in Korea.
b) Foreigners, except Chinese,
: must submit the transcript/diplomas accredited by Apostille or approved by the Korean Embassy
5. Application Fee(전형료)
6. Scholarship (장학제도)
: For more details about scholarship, Please check the attached file.
* Ajou Global Scholarship do not waiver admission fee.
7. Notice(주의 사항)
1) All documents necessary for application for admission must be submitted with the original and documents in Korean or in languages other than English must be submitted after being notarized in Korea and being translated into English.
2) Admission will be denied when the information on the required documents is proven to be false or other facts concerning admission though dishonest methods are revealed.
3) All application materials submitted will not be returned.
4) If the submitted application materials are inadequate or insufficient, your application will be classified as “Disqualified” and review by your department will not be conducted.
5) When foreigners enter and stay in Korea for more than 90 days for the purpose of study, they must get their alien registration card at a district immigration bureau within 90 days after entry.
6) Various matters after admission should be complied with the regulations and by laws of the said university’s graduate school.
- Office of Graduate School (+82-31-219-2302, 2304 firstname.lastname@example.org)