> Government Scholarship
> About Global Korea Scholarship
About Global Korea Scholarship
(For Korean)Government Scholarship for Overseas Study
To balance the development of studies by fostering world-class human resources in areas required for national strategic development, by providing financial support for fundamental fields of study.
Selection course support period
- Selection course: Master's and doctoral degree courses
- Support period: Scholarships for 2 to 3 years (USA, Canada, United Kingdom: 2 years, other countries: 3 years)
※ Scholarship includes all expenses required for study abroad including school expenses, living expenses, and insurance premiums.
※ Departure and return airfares are provided separately.
About 40 persons
Requirements for application
Anyone with a GPA of 4.0 or higher among graduates from the equivalent of 4-year domestic university programs. Note that men must have finished their military service, and that there is no age limit.
Scholarship amount (per person)
- USA ($40,000), Canada ($26,000), United Kingdom (GBP 18,850)
- Other countries: $16,000 on average (Scholarship amount depends on local price conditions.)
Applicants must check the requirements to apply for a test for studying abroad at government expense. Applicants must then completely prepare the required documents, apply individually through the school window according to the screening schedule.
1st round(document)& 2nd round(interview)
||Criteria for the grantee
- Experience related to major
- Study Plan (include self-introduction letter)
-Select the candidates scoring in the top 40% in each assessment category (2-3 times more candidates will be selected than the number of final candidates)
-Basic and specialized knowledge in selected field of study
- Select the candidates scoring in the top 60% of each assessment category